Monday, June 21, 2010

Expansion Baby!!!...

As it is the trend now a days to expand into greater experiences, and higher levels, Andrea and I figured it was time to call a meeting with the board of regents and discuss the possibility of expansion. We emerged from the closed door meeting nine months ago confident that expansion would be beneficial to an already enjoyable family. There have been rumors and speculation about this for months, and we are pleased to announce that the time has come!

We will be welcoming a new little girl today. Andrea received her epidural at approximately 11:00 this morning. She is having contractions every two minutes.

Jada Rose is at home with her Grandpa playing Wii, and no doubt squeezing every ounce of sugary substance from our cupboards, as her Grandpa is prone to please in the case of his granddaughter.

As the first post on this new "family blog" I wanted to go into some detail about the name of our newest family member.

Jada Rose is named after my Mother Rosanne (Rose). She passed away suddenly two months after Jada received a liver transplant at the age of 6 months. When we were thinking of names earlier on in the pregnancy I felt very strongly that I wanted my next child to have the name of my Father Mark Pritchett Chilton. If it were a boy I felt it was an easy choice, the name would be Mark Robert Chilton. Mark from my father, and Robert was a double edge sword, after Robert Christensen, and my Uncle Bob (Robert Chilton) "Bibbby". When we found out it was a girl, the name Mark seemed to feel right to both of us...still. Only this time the name Marki was what we wanted. I have a cousin who was also named after my father, she is one of the most kind, and beautiful women we know, and asked her if she would mind if we used her name for our little girl? She said she would be flattered. We also are going to use Andrea's middle name, and the name of her Mother Dawny. So her name is Marki Dawn Chilton. I included photo's of Marki's name sake.

Marki's Paternal Grandparents
(Mark, Rose)


Marki's cousin on fathers side (Marki)

No comments:

Post a Comment